Maternity contract! Are you a strong leader? Do you come from a strong dental background? If so the following should definitely spark your interest.
Conveniently located in the City Centre our client needs a strong leader to take over the reins of the Head Dental Nurse because she is going on maternity leave soon. In order to be considered for the role you need to come from a similar Head/Lead Dental Nursing role or have a good solid background in Dental.
Below are some of your overall duties:
You will work alongside the Practice Manager to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the practice in accordance with established procedures and protocols
- Leading the practice nursing team as a head nurse, teaching new nurses to carry out high quality dental chair-side assistance in a safe and effective manner.
- To ensure that all cross-infection procedures are carried out in all the work undertaken by the practice.
- Be responsible to the owner for their office duties and practice tasks, and for their nursing duties and responsibilities
- Work with a number of different dentists and hygienists and should carry out all tasks with them in a professional manner and seek to establish and maintain productive relationships with them in order to promote the highest standards of service delivery.
- Work with a number of other colleagues in the practice and should also carry out all tasks with them in a professional manner and seek to establish and maintain productive relationships with them.
Some Clinical Lead duties:
- Be responsible for all aspects of infection control and maintenance of all clinical aspects with the practice. (see nurses’ Checklist)
- Ensure that all clinical team members are adhering to all legislation & regulation as well as all company policies and protocols.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and service of all clinical equipment in case of breakdown.
- Train, develop, and manage nurses to meet performance standards including new Nursing staff inductions.
- Determine staff schedules and ensure operational standards are met.
- Act as a point of contact between nursing staff and dentists/management.
- Hold nurse meetings monthly and bring up issues to Practice Managers & chief dentist.
- Assisting the Dentists and Hygienists with dental procedures
- Sterilising and performing cross-infection controls after each patient
- Setting up and preparing the surgery before the start of each clinical session.
- Ensure that the dental surgery operates efficiently, is fully stocked and equipped, and that the operating environment for the dentist is as efficient as possible.
- Deal competently and safely with hazardous or toxic waste or materials.
- Be flexible with hours of work in the case of a dental emergency.
These are just but some of the duties involved. To find out more please 'Apply' below and we will be in touch soon after to give you all of the details.
Irish Dental Job is the only dental recruitment agency in Ireland. We are 100% exclusive, dedicated, and committed to the dental profession. We are established over 10 years - 'We know our market'
'There is no-one in Ireland like us'
We always have a need for Dental Nurses, Hygienists & Dentists to provide temp & locum cover. on a Nationwide basis If you are available any day during the week Nationwide we would love to hear from you too.
The Team at Irish Dental Jobs